Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Recap and Croptober


It was a fairly productive weekend for us.  We did manage to hit the Pumpkin Patch on Saturday.  I think the drought early on in the year, the floods and finally the earlier than usual hard freeze all really took their toll on the pumpkin crop.  Lots of green pumpkins, lots of rot, lots of really sad pumpkins.  But, we managed to find five that will be great for carving or painting or whatever decorating each child chooses.

I managed to also scratch off sorting my shoes and shirts out of my closet.  Didn't seem to get rid of a lot of shoes, but had a few shirts that I didn't wear this summer, so off they go. 

I did some pressing Apron Strings stuff, but not the inventory loading I had wanted to start on.

I did a ton of baking on Friday and had one epic fail recipe that was all me.  The recipe called for making mini loaves and I didn't feel like messing with four pans of bread, so I threw the batter into one loaf pan.  As I was hefting the too-full pan to the oven, I knew it probably wasn't going to cook through before it burned; the batter was way to thick.  I should have listened to my gut.  At the very least, I should have split it into at least two pans - another gut thought I ignored.  What managed to bake - the middle was totally raw - was good.  When I'm feeling up to dealing with the mini pans I'm remaking it; maybe this Friday.  

I also managed to finish my mantle for Halloween, and pulled out a few other Halloween-specific decorations for the rest of the house.  I still want a banner for . . . the mirror  . . . under the mantle . . . I don't know, but I want one.  I also want to paint that hideous white (well, not white, though it looks that way - it's kinda taupe) wall, it's on my list for someday.


I didn't get the crafty time I wanted, but the decorating kinda-sorta helped with that.  Today is another shot at crafty-time and today's Croptober inspiration is too cute not to inspire you.  I searched Pinterest and found this adorable card which led me to the Creative Market and Morgana Lamson's awesome cards (you buy and print them yourself!  I love the grid.  The colors.  The pumpkins.  The leaping cat.  Whatever it is that makes you reach for your supplies create a layout, card or other project today.


Link up your creation to the comment section for a shot at the October drawing. 

Happy Wednesday,

1 comment:

Charlene said...

Here is my layout! http://sweetpiecesbyme.blogspot.com/2013/10/croptober-at-apron-strings-catch-up.html