We are hosting the hubby's side of the family for dinner on Thursday. His older brother and his wife (and her mom) are in town. Our nephew and his fiance will be here later today. It'll be a full house, full of food and good times.
I started my prep yesterday with toasting of bread and making of cranberry sauce. I'll make my pies and sweet potatoes today. That leaves the remainder to be done tomorrow. With the forecast of snow and barely 20 degrees for a high, spending my morning in a warm kitchen doesn't sound so bad. Now to dig out my table linens, dust off the table leaves and haul up extra chairs.
- We are apparently attired for the day - a 30 degree day.
- We are adjusting to the hectic college pace (photo: The Girlie)
- We are hosting visitors who hockey (photo: The Girlie)
- We are getting our "fix" (photo: The Girlie)
- We are seriously questioning her study habits. (photo: The Girlie)
- We are getting holiday haircuts. Though why his older brother finds his younger brother's concern funny? Seems more concerned, than scared. (photo: the 15 y.o.)
- We are taking in the view from the Flat Irons and amazingly a photo taken by the 17 y.o.! (photo: the 17 y.o.)
- We are not moving since the Scarecrow (aka the one without a brain), Tin Man (aka Robot) and the Lion were attacked outside the Wicked Witch's castle. We didn't utter a sound as she started melting.
- We are never in doubt when the Girlie is home. Ever.
- We aren't sure we need a half-pound peanut butter cup, but. . .(photo: The Girlie)
- We are trading school for earning money. (photo: the 17 y.o.)
- We are prepping
- We are wondering why we've never made our own dried cubes for stuffing. Amazing!