Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Rain and Repreive

It's only a couple days of respite from the high temperatures - today just 65 and rain, but back to near 90 by Saturday - I'll take it though.  I've got some digging in work to do and rain and grey skies is just the ticket to motivate me.  

The boys were out pulling weeds on Monday and found these. . .they were sun-warm, ripe and sweet.  They didn't last 10 seconds.  The plants are much bigger than last year, so I'm hoping to be able to harvest enough at one time to actually use them right then, rather than just harvest 10 or so and freezing them.  Though frozen they have made awesome jam, sauces, dressings and baked goods.


Today's sketch comes from Allison Davis (of Scrapbook Generation).  If you aren't familiar with Allison or Scrapbook Generation, both are fixtures in the scrapbooking world.  Allison has great sketches that she publishes.  I know they are in bound-form (I have a couple) but I think now she is offering digital versions as well.  In her blog post featuring this sketch, she offers not only an example, but several alternatives for its use. 


Create your layout or card based on today's sketch, then share it in the comment section.  If you do each of the challenges this week, you'll be entered into a drawing for a gift code to Apron Strings.  Do any one, or all, of the sketch challenges this month and you're entered into the drawing for the June prize pack.  

Happy Wednesday,

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Here's my take on the sketch.

"Summer Flowers"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2013/06/summer-flowers.html

Lori said...

I love that you used Christmas papers. . .I'd never have known if you hadn't said so! Pretty flowers.