Wednesday, June 26, 2013

10 Things I Hate About You

Yes, YOU, Summer-time I hate dislike you intensely.  You are my least favorite season.  At the bottom of the list.  Numero Quattro.  You possess few redeeming qualities.

Here are the top 10 (though there are so many other reasons) to abhor Summer with a fevered passion.
  1. It's flipping hot.  Dry heat be damned - it is stinkin' hot.
  2. I can only take off so many clothes in an effort to cool down before I can't go out in public or leave my bedroom, for that matter.
  3. I have to shave my legs every day.
  4. I have to keep up on my pedicure.
  5. I don't like to sweat and any movement made produces buckets of sweat.
  6. The unrelenting harsh burning white light of the sun.
  7. I still have to feed my family and cooking in the kitchen is like cooking in the fires of hell.
  8. Our air conditioning can't get our stupid house cooler than 80 degrees - on a good day.
  9. The whole house fan is LOUD and runs 75% of the time.
  10. I have no energy to do anything - the heat has sucked it out of me
Okay, so maybe #10 happens at other times during the year, but the fact that it's happening during the Summer just makes it seem so much worse.

So, join me in escaping the heat the best way you can and take a kit, some photos and today's sketch.  Doodlebug has been a longtime fave of mine - the colors are so bright and cheerful - and so I follow their blog.  They have paired up with PageMaps, another fave, and this sketch caught my eye last night.  I love the example; that little bit of mosaic.  Another page that can be mirrored, flipped or have more photos added to it.  Also a great idea for a card.


Enter ALL the sketch challenges from this week and not only will you receive a Gift Code to shop at Apron Strings, but you'll automatically be entered into the June Prize Pack drawing.


Patchi and Deanna I sent you your gift codes for playing along last week -- let me know if you didn't receive it.

Happy Wednesday,

4 comments:

jengd said...

Summer. Blech. Amen. :)

Deanna said...

I received it and thank you so much, Lori!

I love Summer and getting outside, going to the pool, vacation at the beach, etc. but I also appreciate that we have A/C and I can get in the coolness too

Deanna said...

Here's my take on the sketch.

"Breakfast Omelets"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2013/06/breakfast-omelets.html

Patchi said...

I made a card with this sketch:
http://loandread.blogspot.com/2013/06/happy-tin-day-card.html