Friday, March 15, 2013

Recipe for Spring and March Madness - Day 10

Another glorious morning. The sky is Deep Blue.  The grass in the backyard is speckled with green shoots.  The front yard is still covered in snow - dirty snow now thanks to windy days - the result of having our front door face due North; backyard no trace of winter, front yard looks to be in the depths of it.  Trees don't seem to be waking up and the tulips are still tucked under the ground.  Expected temp for today . . . 74!  What the heck?  I'm pretty sure we were just under 8" of snow last Saturday, with three more on Monday morning.  Two words - Colorado Spring.

I have nothing pressing today so I'm hoping to make continued in-roads on my "have-to-do" list.  Tomorrow will be totally shot AND I'll be missing my knitting class.  Sunday may hold some redemption in getting things done, only because we're expecting more snow.  Two words - Colorado Spring.


I've been moving Recipe Pins over on my Pinterest Boards.  I have a hard time finding the ones I've done for repeat performances (I wish there was a way to move the Pins like you can Boards).  So I decided to move the ones I've tried and loved to a new board, "I Cooked That."   I'm not finished going through and moving things, but I am surprised how many things I've tried; now to just do that with the crafty projects I've got Pinned.  I need a month where all I do is plan my menu from Pinterest then move the loved ones and unpin the not so loved ones.

Anyway, I found this Lemon Blueberry Bread, that I've made several times, and if, like me you're looking for more than just melted snow and blue skies as a sign that Spring is coming, then you have to try this.  It's bright and lemony.  Moist and delish.  It's like Spring in your mouth.  It's the perfect thing to bake when you're planning a night-long crafting session and don't plan to be up early the next day.  Just leave this yummy loaf on the counter for the family to munch away on.

So you've got a treat for the family, now you just need your March Madness challenge to work on.  For today's layout, card or other project dig out, dust off and use punches or your die-cut system.  Heaven's knows I have both.  I have recently used punches when making cards and my kids are using the Cricut for school projects so they don't go unused, but they do still gather dust from time-to-time.

My list of to-do's includes pulling together the prize for this month, so go create and upload your link to this post to be eligible. 

I think among other things, I need to decorate the mantle for Spring/Easter.  I know I Pinned some ideas so I have a starting point.  :)  

Happy Friday,

6 comments:

Jessica Navarro said...

Here is my take on your challenge: http://scraplifterdesigns.blogspot.com/2013/03/sytycs-11-little-monkey.html

I used a large Martha Stewart border punch as a mask.

That recipe looks yummy!

Lori said...

Nice work, love that you combined two of the challenges from this week - the punch and a mask!

As for the recipe. . .Y.U.M!

Donna Nuce said...

Here's my challenge using Creative memories Border Maker Punch. Love this Authentique paper.
http://craftycolonel.blogspot.com/2013/03/scrapbooking.html

Lori said...

WooHoo Donna! Nice job.

Deanna said...

I'm falling behind so combined this with the recipe for challenge #14. I used the March kit. LOVE it!

"So Lucky!"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2013/03/so-lucky.html

Lori said...

Deanna, love the use of multiple punches!