Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Croptober #7

I got nothin' today. . .drawing a total blank on happenings.  It was cold, that's all I got.  LOL  I'll attribute it to a mind cluttered with things to do.  So let's just get down to it.
 
It's no secret that I love, love, love fall.  It makes me giddy to just think of all the things I enjoy about the season.  Therefore, it should be no surprise that today's Pin-spriation comes from Apron Strings' Pinterest board "Home for the Holidays" and this Pin from Midwest Living magazine (I adore this magazine.)  I'd love to do a smaller version of this on my porch this year, but what can it inspire in you for your layout or card today?  The colors, steeped in seasonal glory!  The lettering on the pumpkins - to use your diecutting machine or rub-ons?  The berries - to use long, thin lines as border, or even the berry branches as embellishments.  Mixing textures - the nubby gourdes, the embossed pumpkins, the rough wood?  Even the grouping of the elements - two large photos several smaller elements running along the bottom of the page or card? 
 
 
You decide and then share your work here to be eligible for this week's prize, which I finally found.  It's a collection of Authentique's "Gathering" line.  This line is simply gorgeous, and I'm pretty sure it's everything you see HERE.  It can be yours. . .you just have to play along. 
 
 
Happy Wednesday!
 

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I was inspired by the pumpkins and colors of the inspiration piece.

Added my link, "Happy Halloween - Pumpkin Carvings"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2012/10/happy-halloween-pumpkin-carvings.html