Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Croptober #16

I'm thinking today's inspiration/challenge (which comes from Apron Strings Color Theory Pinterest board) should be a snowman, given our upcoming forecasts.  But I'll cling to the remnants of the Fall season while that last leaf clings to tree.
 
I love color-mix sites like Design Seeds.  Usually there's one color in a combo that is unexpected to me - in this case it's the eggplant shade.  I also like the photo that comes with today's inspiration.  The carrots sort of speak to late harvests, but the mix of textures can inspire your card or layout too.  The lacy green tops, the dirt "misted" carrots, the woven wooden basket.  Even the wrinkled carrots themselves.  Those things make me think lace trim, plaid papers, wooden or chipboard embellishments, mists or inks, distressing and item or two.  Grab your inspiration and create!
 
 
Upload your layout or card by Sunday evening to be eligible for this week's drawing.
 
Happy Tuesday.
 

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Added my take on the colors of the image.

"Decorating Cookies"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2012/10/decorating-cookies.html