Friday, July 27, 2012

Pinterest Challenge #20

Hot day coming and much to do.  Our weekly Friday dinner with the in-laws; already dessert, Lemon Cheese Bars, is smelling good in the oven - trying to beat the heat.  This is our last weekend before the start of three consecutive weekends of soccer tournaments and then we roll right into the start of school.  NOOOOO!!

Sometimes I can't decide when I pick colors for my boards, like this one from Apron Strings' Color Theory, if it's the colors or the photo.  I'm tending to lean toward photo on this one.  It's raw.  It's fierce.  It's powerful.  I struggle with using monochromatic colors, but I love these.  Combined with White cardstock and embellishments I can see it working.  I think these would be great for masculine pages.  The froth of the waves actually makes me think of lace or sheer ribbon and I could easily translate this to a baby layout or card as well.


Remember, layouts and cards are due Sunday evening to be eligible for the drawing - one gets you in, more better your odds.  This week's treat is Scenic Route Liberty.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Added my link! I was inspired by the colors and I used water photos too.

Rebecca K. said...

FUN!!!! i did two layouts, one of which has water, both of which look way more correctly colored blue in person!!!