Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pinterest Challenge #2

I thought my fingers might be permanently blue from pitting cherries, but the currants seem to have erased the purple tints.  Yep, we all braved the early heat and went currant picking over the weekend.  Those little suckers are a pain to prep, but I'll get there; I have one tray freezing.  I need to find a good recipe for jelly.  Pinterest?  :D

Speaking of, today's "Pin"-spiration  comes from Apron Strings "Home Sweet Home. . .Someday" board.  I'd love something like this in my dining room and the colors are delish.

Where do you draw your inspiration for today's layout (or card if you're a card maker)?  The rich yet cozy teal, orange and sage?  Maybe it's the combo of the bambo blinds, floral print and solid orange.  Maybe it's the butterflies scattered across the pillow.  Maybe it's the quilt or the crisp white of the bench and window trim. Whatever it is - use it on your creation.


Pieces are due Sunday evening.  Prize is My Mind's Eye American Made collection kit.

Happy Tuesday.

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Beautiful color combo and looks so relaxing!

Unknown said...

Oooh yeah I'd like a bit of that in my home too! Will mull then make!

Kristin - The Fifth Sparrow No More said...

Lori - you must be my sister from another mother! This is beautiful and I am pinning it too but for scraproom redecoration!

Lori said...

LOL "sister from another mother" This WOULD be great for my scrap space...hmmmmm

Deanna said...

Added my link, "Out & About"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2012/07/out-about.html

My colors ended up being more of a peach, teal, and pale sage.