Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pinterest Challenge #17

I got up this morning feeling good about getting things done yesterday, though none of my accomplishments were from my mental to-do list.  I did manage to get my laundry going, my floors vacuumed, swept and mopped.  I cleaned one of four bathrooms (two of them are up in hell's heat on the second floor, so I need to mentally prepare myself for the sweating off 5 pounds during a 20 minute bathroom cleaning session.  I made chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream - the dough too!  I packaged up four pounds of blueberries that I set to freeze over the weekend - nope didn't pick these, they were just a good price at the store.  Had dinner in the slow cooker by 9:00 am.  I was on a roll. 

And now we have today...ah-huh.

So, we're just gonna move on to today's Pinterest Challenge from Apron Strings' Color Theory board.  I love these colors - they are one of my favorite combos.  They make me think of water.  Cool.  Breezes.  Lemonade.  From there I go to pictures of the kids playing in the overflowing gutters after a rain (clearly not from this year).  I see digging out photos from a lemonade stand they had a few years ago.  The Lily Bee Buttercup, which was in the April Bigger kit, line has these great colors.  The lemon's rind makes me think texture.  The lemon pulp makes me think of sheer things.  I might look for organic shapes, twigs, branches, leaves, even fruits, for my layout or card.



Layouts or cards from this week's challenges are due just before midnight MDT on Sunday.  Scenic Route is on the table.


Winner of the My Mind's Eye Market Street Collection is:  Francesca!  Congratulations.  Please send me your contact information to lori@ApronStringsDesigns.com


Happy Tuesday.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Congrats Francesca!

I love the colors of the inspiration today and I think I have some of that LilyBee line left!

Deanna said...

Added my link! Still hoarding a bit of that LilyBee line! :)