Monday, July 23, 2012

Pinterest Challenge #16

EDIT:  My prayers go out to all those affected by the Aurora shootings...I can't even imagine. 

I managed to hear yesterday that we broke a record for the most days over of 100 degrees or more. . .ever.  Duh.  I had a nice to-do list in my head, which I never managed to get to.  I hate that.  But I spent Saturday up in Greeley watching my daughter play in a volleyball tourney - after loosing eight consecutive games Thursday and Friday, they came roaring back in the playoffs to win four straight games to put them in the semi-finals.  After fighting hard though, they lost both sets by close margins.  Way to keep digging RV!  Congrats girls.  My daughter came home exhausted and fell asleep during the monthly outdoor-movie-night at my sisters - Airplane!

Sunday the hope was high to tackle the to-do's, but it wasn't meant to be.  I shuttled boys to a grandparents house to mow their lawn, then I shuttled a boy to soccer practice (really?  Sunday and 100 degrees?), then I was shuttled to Costco.  I came home to divide bulk groceries into smaller units and shuttled them to the freezer.  The shuttling continued when I took my daughter to church, and while she was there, I shuttle a present to my Mom, that I had forgotten the night before.

Today?  Sigh.  Yeah.  So, since it's not working for me, you need to go shuttle yourself away with scrappy-type papers and create a layout or card based on this Pin from the Home for the Holidays board.  I love the pumpkins.  The rub-ons.  The colors.  The polka dots.  The swirl ribbon.  The shimmer.  The touch of fall in the pics on the pumpkins - leaves, berries.  Even the way the pumpkins are aligned on the door could help with placement.


This week's prize is something from Scenic Route - I'll have a name later.  Layouts are due Sunday evening.  Remember - enter at least once to be eligible for the drawing.  The more you complete the better your chances.

Off to see what can be salvaged of my day.

Happy Monday.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Finally got some scrap time today to get started on the challenges for this week. I was inspired by the colors and them of the inspiration and these may be the first Halloween photos from 2011 that I've scrapped. YAY!

Added my link.