Wednesday, April 4, 2012

April?

How can it be April?  It was just January and I was looking for snow to cozy up in the house with.  Well, I'm still looking for the snow. Or was.  Had a nice, freaky snow storm yesterday, but nothing cozy about it.  Up at 5:30, out in it by 7:00.  Ice layer on the roads, followed by slushy snow is never a good combination.  Watching cars around you slid over, slid around and slid off - well, that's not fun.  But slipping and sliding we did, the 30 miles down to the kids' ortho appointments.  Luckily it was a little better by the time the appointments were over for the haul back up to the various schools, but not by much. 

I'd much rather have been home playing with the April kit.  This line by Lily Bee, I just love the color combo, it' just so cheery.  So Spring-like.  Yellow and Blue. . .one of my favorites. . .and I like the touch of grey.  Sous Chefs used it for layouts about dress shopping and a monthly compilation - definitely shows its versatility.  I see Spring, Easter, Summer, even early fall with these papers.


Inspiration from this kit, using her scraps, is Kristin Perez.  She is like queen of the altered items.  She does some great stuff.  I just love this "Rainy Day" jar.  I mean we all have empty jars of some kind we could alter.  A cute way to save those extra coins in your purse, or jot down some ideas of things to do when the weather keeps you inside, or maybe the place to store some candles and matches for those "power out" moments.  It's just too cute!


Apron Strings is sponsoring a challenge over at Let's Scrap, starting on April 4th.  This great community offers plenty of ideas to get you scrapping and lots of inspiration from other scrappers.  Things are always hopping over there!

Also starting this week, on April 5th, we're sponsoring over at Scrap it With a Song, a blog with a unique twist in getting you cropping.  Challenges are based on songs and I don't know about you, but songs resonate with me. . .they are a life tie.  Certain songs just take me back to moments and places.  What a fun way to tie songs and storytelling together.

Lots on my plate.  Lots to do. 

Happy Wednesday.


3 comments:

Scarlett said...

Kristin this jar is adorable!! Love the chevron wrapped around it and the umbrella - too cute! I'd have to agree you're a queen of altering!

LisaM said...

Cute jar Kristin!

~jan said...

This litte altered jar is too cute and too clever, Kristin! Adore that little umbrella! Awesome work, my friend!