Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Birthday Day #14

Eek, I've fallen. . .but I will get up.  Yep, fallen behind on my cards for the week, again.  Not a one has been made.  I thought about it last night, but I was up for the driving kids this morning, so I opted to get six hours sleep instead of five.  I did use one, well I've used a couple, but it's been so nice to grab one, pop in a sentiment and be done!!  Now the question will be; how will I replenish my stash without a card class to poke me along, LOL.

On another topic, you'll find Apron Strings sponsoring over at the Paper Variety challenge blog.  The challenge Apron Strings is sponsoring is really fun - the movie and poster for Leap Year.  Check it out.  They have some great challenges if you need something fun to get you going. Today they have a super cute tutorial with Baker's Twine (love this stuff).

Hopefully, ya'll had an enjoyable 3-day weekend.  I was hoping to do more yesterday, but the dentist sucked up the morning and by the time I got home it was like, "Now where do I start?"  No matter whether you were very accomplished yesterday, or need a push, today's challenge is here to get you (or keep you) rolling.  Today, for those who didn't pre-select "Bake Your Cake" items, create a layout  that includes three sheets of patterned paper.  If you have your "Bake Your Cake" items selected, pick one and create :).  Layouts are due on Saturday evening and the prize is the My Mind's Eye Hip Hooray Boys kit.

And finally, I'll leave you with a little inspiration from your Fairy Godmother - so cute.  From Sous Chef Maria Swiatkowski, using the February Bigger than a Breadbox (which is on sale now) - the Lily Bee line - this line is so pretty in person.  As much as I love a traditional Disney layout, I've seen so many "no-ears" layouts that I just love!  Maria also used the Jenni Bowlin Dotted  alterable chipboard alphabet.


Happy Tuesday!



4 comments:

Charlene said...

Woohoo! I'll def be heading over to The Paper Variety for that challenge (looks so fun!) Can't wait to post another layout too!

Deanna said...

Used my 2nd cake ingredient today...2 patterned papers.

"Bundle of Joy"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2012/02/bundle-of-joy.html

jengd said...

I added my fondant- 3pcs of chipboard.

Unknown said...

Today I used stickers (fruit filling)
http://adayinthelifeor5.blogspot.com/2012/02/cest-magnifique-sketch-challenge.html