Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Day #10

Happy Valentine's Day! 

Hopefully you don't reserve one day a year to tell those you love, and that love you, what they mean to you.  I admit it's a totally Hallmark Holiday, but I love getting my Jelly Cherry Hearts - well documented here - and my bouquet of Gerbera Daises.  Gone are the mornings of kids, sleepy-eyed though excited, opening little treats.  Now they're still sleepy-eyed but they're dragging their unhappy faces out the door.  I had one out just before 7:00 this morning, one ready for his field trip to Fun City and excited to give a special Valentine, one dressed up, wearing the tie he learned to tie the night before, ready for his dance this afternoon and one happy little face who only wanted to dig into the chocolate covered marshmallow hearts at 6:30 in the morning.  Ah. . .no.

What better way to showcase Valentine's Day than with the following lovey-pinky-hearty layout by Nancy Longo using the Smaller than a Breadbox February kit, the Jillibean Soup line - it's on sale now, so come grab one if you're not on autoship.  I love the way the white gown just pops off the page.


Today's challenge is to use the layout above as inspiration - the color combo, the subject, the cute embellishments (love those layered and stitched hearts) - whatever it is.  Layouts are due Saturday evening, for a chance at the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Madison Avenue pack.

Don't forget about joining Apron Strings autoship this month, or referring a friend to do so - you'll both get love back in the form of gift cards to Apron Strings.

Happy Tuesday.



P.S.  I did manage to make one card - last night.  Photo will have to come tomorrow :)

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Added my link "Baby Love" and you can read the details on my blog...
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2012/02/baby-love.html