Thursday, April 28, 2016

Throw Back Thursday

Last week I spoke about how great the Smaller kit is for creating mini albums.  How wonderful minis are for giving you a great surge of accomplishment.  How fun they are to have around to flip through.  And easy.  So easy!

I mentioned this mini that I did several years ago, using the My Mind's Eye Boo to You line, from the October '09 smaller kit.  The photos are from Halloween 2006, when the kids were just wee ones.  Holy cow!

The album itself is small, maybe 3" tall, from Maya Road, chipboard with a chain to keep the pages together.  It was easy enough to take the album apart and trace patterned paper and cardstock to cover the chipboard pieces.  I alternated cardstock and patterned paper on the facing pages, depending on what looked best with the photo for that page.  I cut patterned paper down to use for small journaling blocks.  I used the B sides, because the patterns on B sides tend to be simpler, but coordinate.  It also means I'm not slowed down by digging through my stash.

Had I been shooting in digital, I would have printed the photos smaller.  As it was, I had to trim them down to fit; no biggie.  Less time messing with photos.  Added bonus, the photos were duplicates.

The rest was embellishing, and even that was minimal on the small space.  I used chipboard images, which were part of the kit.  I just messed around with them to see what worked and where.  The chipboard had an adhesive back, which I powdered (baby powder), where the chipboard hung over the edges of the album so that it didn't stick to, well, anything it touched.  

Journaling and a teeny bit of ribbon.  Boom.  Done.  Probably a couple hours.



With snow, again, moving in. . . Yes.  Snow.  Big, wet, plant crushing, branch breaking snow.  AGAIN!  All weekend.  Gah.  Maybe I'll just watch it fall while messing around with a a Smaller kit and a mini album.

Happy Thursday,

No comments: