Thursday, August 13, 2015

Throw Back Thursday

It's been a few weeks since I messed around with paper that wasn't littering my pantry or other areas where my purging/cleaning hands have been.  And while messing with that paper has a certain feeling of satisfaction, it's not quite the same as cutting and pasting it along with photos.


I have to say, when I'm out at a crop, I do a pretty good job of making the most of my -out-of-the-house time.  Thanks to using Apron Strings kits I completed four layouts at the last crop, of which was this one using the Pebbles, Inc. Thirty-One line found in the October Bigger kit.  

Halloween being my second favorite holiday, it's hard for me to resist anything Halloween themed, but I look forward to working with it all.  I have no clue what I'll do when the last of the kids ceases dressing up.  Luckily, I have a 6 y.o. who is some time away from hanging up his trick-or-treat bag, plus I have a decent back-log of photos.

With this layout I went simple - which, let's face it, is my jam.  I had plenty of photos, 12 to be exact, so paper and embellishments were at a minimum.  I like modified grids when I have a lot of photos, it's just easier.  Easier to adjust sizes and fill spaces.  I filled my empty spaces with blocks I cut from a grid patterned paper and the journaling block, which was just bullet list of what each of the kids dressed up as.  I was missing one child, and for the life of me couldn't figure out what or where he was.  I discovered he was attending a party as Charlie Brown the Ghost.  My only defense in missing a photo of him in costume was that I had a one-month old.

I used very little of this Bigger kit - a strip from patterned paper and several blocks cut from a grid paper, plus a couple brads, the pumpkin button and a flash card I used for a journaling block.  Because so much of the kit remains, it'll go back into my stash as a kit (rather than breaking it apart.)

Happy  Thursday,

No comments: