Friday, April 3, 2015

A Bit of Food

Update from yesterday, because I can be obsessed that way, the Pink Paislee line is Fetching and it's from 2009. 

We got a good few inches of snow overnight, but it should be gone by Easter Sunday, though it wouldn't be the first Easter in Colorado where it's a good thing the Easter Eggs are colored so you can see them in the snow.

I've got 24 people coming on Sunday, so there's the whole getting the house in order (and trying to keep it that way until Sunday), a menu to get together and then the shopping.  I've got eggs to stuff and baskets to round up.  So, today is pretty short and sweet.

I had planned a menu for this week, but never made it to the grocery store so meals ended up off-the-cuff and generally simple.  I found several items on Pinterest for Sunday's lunch that I'm excited to try.

 
I had a rotisserie chicken in the fridge that needed breaking down, so I made these Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos and diced and froze the rest of the chicken.  These were really easy to make and were gooey and crunchy.  I loved the chopped spinach that my kids didn't notice.  These would be good for appetizers, too.
 
 
Lent is an easy time to get rid of meat for one meal, why it seems harder to do the rest of the year still escapes me.  This Zucchini and Corn Frittata met my need for meatless one Friday.  It had good flavor with a touch of cumin, and lots of veggies chopped in it.  The recipe serves six - six pretty good sized slices.  I was serving eight, so I cut smaller slices and had two left over that reheated well the next morning.  My skillet is a glazed cast iron (I just oiled the sides before cooking so the eggs didn't stick) and it's 10"; she offers an option should you not have a cast iron skillet .  I didn't read the blog post, so I don't know what size skillet the blogger used, but I suspect that it was probably 8".  Next time I make this, I'll add two more eggs because of the size of my skillet. . .a little more egg to hold the veggies.  I served it with crusty bread and a salad.

Have a great Easter weekend.

Happy Friday,

No comments: